The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
$1,000 Snap-On Tool Certificate and $5,000 Signing Bonus + 40 Hour Minimum Guarantee. Poughkeepsie Nissan is part of one of the region’s largest dealer groups, operating 9 stores in the NY region and have been doing so for over 40 years. Top tier technicians can earn $120,000 annually or more, based upon their production. We pay top dollar for experienced Flat Rate technicians, plus earn additional hourly in Incentive Pay. We have recently invested over $150,000 into our Service Department updating and expanding the facility with state of the art technology, new lifts, the latest Hunter Quick Check and Alignment machine and more. We have expanded our Service BDC team, and now have more work than we can handle. 40 Hour minimum guarantee for the first three months, Incentive Pay for Flat Rate Technicians, 5 day work week, finish by 5pm, and only two Saturday’s per month. Technicians will earn up to $5,000 signing bonus after 6 months.
Looking for the right environment? We have a very stable team, long-term Service Manager, high customer retention and CSI…this is a platform where you can earn well, have a great career and have a great time day-to-day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High CSI is a must.
- Manufacturing training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good Judgment.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and valid driver license.
Job Type: Full-time
Ask for Dale White